I am new to the blogging world and have so much to learn, but I am already addicted and love the food/fitness blogging community so far!My blog friend Kelly has nominated me, and I want to say a huge Thank You from the bottom of my heart to her! Although she is not a vegan (gasp) she has changed my mind about being open to reading non-vegan blogs. She is such a sweetheart, so be sure to check out her webpage!
In keeping with the blogger award, I have to say 7 things about myself that you might not know:
- I have wanted to be a nurse since I was three years old. I remember driving home from buying white shoes with my parents and my Dad saying, "They are white shoes, like nursing shoes," and the rest is history...
- I was homeschooled until middle school. So now you can throw your preconceived notions of "weird homeschoolers" out the window. I always had lots of friends, lots of boyfriends, and later joined a sorority in college. Not all homeschoolers are socially awkward!
- I can't just "do okay" when it comes to school, I have to get straight A's and be perfect. In college, I decided I wanted to graduate Cum Laude with high honors in Nursing School, and I did!
- I've never been interested in photography but lately I can't seem to stop taking pictures and desiring a really nice camera
- I know a lot of people say "I hate the cold", but I dislike winter sooo much that I moved down south to avoid cold weather all together.
- I don't like to be bored and prefer to take on lots of tasks at once. In college I worked full time, went to nursing school, logged hours at clinicals, sat on Executive Board with my sorority, and was part of fall recruitment for the entire campus, all at the same time!! Now that I'm just working it feels weird.
- I used to smoke cigarettes (gasp!) See, people can change!
- Diary of a vegan girl
- Thin Thighs and Sweet Potato Fries
- Curry and Comfort
- Get Skinny, Go Vegan
- The clean eating mama
- My life as a raw vegan
- Ginger is the new pink
- Fruit and veggie tales
- The Domestic Vegan
- A plant-based, whole foods diet
- Dairy free betty
- Fresh and fit
- Peas and Thank You <-- ok i know she's not new to the blogging world but so hilarious!
- No meat athlete
- Busy Vegan Mama
So there you have it! Congratulations ladies and gentleman!
I apologize for not being around for the past 4 days, but I was traveling through 5 states and back in 3 days, and well, I was living life with my girlfriends! More posts to come! :)