Friday, March 25, 2011

Inspiration Friday

 Great things are happening all around us; great acts of courage and changes in the lives of people I love!

 When I first started this blog, I never would have imagined it would gain so many viewers or have the impact it has had. Of course I hoped it would, but didn't know if it possibly could. Quite the contrary- people are telling me that their life is changing because of this! How amazing and wonderful that the main goal is being fulfilled! To be informed, to be educated, to be inspirational! 

To recognize the great things people are doing, I would like to start an Inspiration Friday post. I will update with the inspirational, motivational, positive changes that people are doing in their life, and in return I will offer some of my inspiration. Things that have kept me going and lifted me up, not only over the past 3 years that I've been vegan, but over my entire life; seeing, living, and meeting people from all walks of life.

 Let me know how your life is going, good or bad, through emails, texts, phone, or blog, exactly as you have been doing. I will make a mental note of it and recognize you for your efforts on Fridays!

You inspire me:


 My brother called me this morning to let me know he bought wheatgrass and is on day 3 of no coffee. He has been wanting to break his addiction with coffee for awhile now but didn't know how. He has tried several times but always went back to it. (Sounds like every other addiction I deal with on a daily basis at work- cocaine, heroine, and the biggest addiction: alcoholism.) He has decided to buy wheatgrass and stick it out this time.
 This little brother of mine has come so far in the past year alone! The Christmas before last we were arguing about having a dead turkey on the table for our christmas meal, and now he is vegan and I couldn't be more proud or admire him more for it! 


 My friend from Ohio, Mandy, who I mentioned before, texted me yesterday with an update: "I'm on day 4 of absolutely no meat and so far so good!" These are words coming from someone who told me "I could never do that" when she found out I was vegan years ago!
  Mandy, you are a continual inspiration for me and you are so courageous to make this change! I am with you 100% of the way!


 My other friend from Ohio, a former co-worker of mine, emailed me with some questions and informed she has lost 42 pounds from healthy eating and exercising alone! Terri - you have no idea what an amazing, priceless gift you are giving your young daughters. Sending you encouragement and strength when you need it most, and hoping you continue to lead by example!

 Change is all around us! It is happening in the restaurants that I never thought would offer vegan smoothies or incorporate dairy-free cheese in their pizzas. It's happening to that woman at work who looked down her nose at me and is now eating meat-free lunches. It's happening to my family and my friends! It is beautiful and glorious to watch, and I could not be more thankful or grateful.

 And now for some Michele-made-inspiration:
 You must find what you love. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Do not settle. As with all great matters of the heart, you will know it when you find it. We spend a lot of time at work, and the only way to be fully satisfied is to feel that you are making a difference and that you are doing something great. And like any great relationship, your love for work will only grow with time, getting better and better. So don't settle.


Challenge yourself. Put the negative "I can't" and "I couldn't" thoughts away and sign up for the walk. Register for the race. Agree to host a bible study dinner. Volunteer with big brothers/big sisters. Take a three day vacation to that place you've always wanted to see. But do something that scares you or something that challenges you. You are fully capable of doing anything you put your mind to. 


None of our "problems" will matter when we are dead. Picture yourself in your grave. Picture your body turning to ash and disintegrating. How important do our selfish desires and problems look from this view? Remembering that I could die tomorrow has been the biggest help for me when I am faced with life choices.  Even small choices. Will this matter when I'm dead? What do I want to do before tomorrow, in the event I should die tomorrow? 

Do not live life for other people. Our time here on earth is limited, so don't waste it. Do not live worrying about the opinion's of other people. Have the courage to do what you know is right for you. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. You already know what to do...

Take care of yourself. Your body is a gift from God. What you do with it is your gift to God.



  Have a beautiful, blessed, and of course, inspirational Friday :)

No comments: